European Adhesive Specialist
Specialist Training in Adhesive Bonding
Training and certification as European Adhesive Specialist for adhesive bonding as per DVS/EWF 3301 (EAS)
The rapid developments in materials technology has resulted in unprecedented innovations in products and processes using adhesive bonding. A basic knowledge of the materials, technologies and their relationships is necessary in order to fully utilise this potential and optimise manufacturing operations
The course imparts this knowledge to the participants. The theoretical training is supported by practical work in the laboratory to make things comprehensible. The trainees thus get a deep insight into the world of adhesive bonding and on completion of training are in a position to handle the following tasks:
• responsibly monitor adhesive bonding in production
• design joints which are suitable for adhesive bonding
• select a suitable, certified adhesive
• systematically detect faults in the process
The training ends with a theoretical and practical exam held by an independent examination board of the DVS. On successfully passing the exam, the trainee receives a certificate which is valid throughout Europe and is recognised by the EWF (European Federation for Welding, Joining and Cutting).
Supervisory staff, designers, developers, foremen, process planning and quality assurance staff, applications specialists, sales personnel (e.g. of adhesive manufacturers, laboratory staff).
The participant should have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction to be able to follow the lectures and appear for the exam. Special terms from the fields of polymer technology and chemistry are used but previous knowledge of these is not essential.
Place of instruction and duration:
3 x 5 days (monday to friday), fulltime. Participation for all three weeks is required in order to appear for the exam. English courses are hold in Übach-Palenberg (Aachen)
• Lectures with discussions
• Demos, videos
• Course documentation
• Practical exercises in the adhesive bonding laboratory
Schedule of courses and fees:
Please refer to our flyer for the current schedule of courses and fees.
No VAT is levied on the course fees.
The price includes:
• all costs for training and the examination
• detailed course documentation
• all consumable materials for the practical exercises
• coffee, tea and cold drinks during the breaks.
We can provide you with names of local hotels if required by you.
Lunch can be had in our canteen at a reasonable price.
Details of training:
• Fundamentals of polymer adhesives
• Linking forces
• Selecting a suitable adhesive
• Materials to be joined
• Surface treatment
• Calculating and designing an adhesive-bonded joint
• Quality assurance in adhesive bonding
• Quality management
• Responsibilities of the supervisory staff
• Process technology and handling of adhesives
• Selecting the right adhesive for the particular application
TechnologieCentrum Kleben GmbH
Adhesive-technical centre of the DVS e.V.
Ms. Andrea Janke